A line appears at the top when entering video fullscreen mode

Description of the issue:
A line appears at the top when entering video fullscreen mode.
How can this issue be reproduced?

  1. Open YouTube or any video website, play a video, and enter fullscreen mode

Expected result:
A line appears at the top

Brave Version( check About Brave): Nightly v1.89.85 (Chromium 146.0.7680.32)

Additional Information:
This line displays in different colors depending on the theme, and the issue persists in visitor mode without any extensions. It was working before and it works fine in Chrome too.

@cathy7 any particular videos or all? For example, I just loaded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-rfEkxReiU and put it in full screen. There was no line on top like you mentioned.

I’d also like you to check:

  1. Does it happen in private window?

  2. In a guest profile?

  3. If you change the setting to the opposite of what you have for Use graphics acceleration when available which is located at brave://settings/system

For example, if I open this video link you attached and go to full screen the effect is as shown here

This also happens in private window and guest profile, only the color changes to purple.

Tried switching Use graphics acceleration when available, didn’t work.

Almost barely saw the 1-2px line in the newest post, but I do see it.

I’m on stable not nightly, so I can’t test this, but what does Brave stable do?

In any case, what GPU and have you updated the GPU drivers recently? (I don’t think it’s GPU personally since you tried without acceleration but want to have the info in case it’s needed later, maybe a driver framebuffer bug, but still, I doubt it’s actually this.)

I have the same problem and no solution. When you have solved the problem, please let me know how you did it.

Had the same problem, I’ve figured it out. I used to run with Show rounded corners on main content areas enabled. Once I disabled it this line appeared at the top, I went back and enabled it and the line is gone again. How to fix it without rounded corners I have no idea, but the issue is somewhere here.

Yeah the same thing happened to me today. I’ve found that it could be an issue with the new dark themes they added recently. When you hover over the line with your mouse, your cursor will turn into a downward arrow like when you’re shortening the entire browser manually. If you enable “Ultra dark theme” in appearance settings, the white line will turn black giving the illusion that its not there (even tho it is) lol. You can play around with the colors and the bar will also change to whatever color you selected for your theme. This is a temp fix tho I hope this helps everyone :slight_smile:

Interesting! I’ll try this out

I just enabled the show rounded corners on the settings like you mentioned and now I can see the video I was watching on fullscreen without that pesky thin white line that shows on the top….it’s gone, like magic. I was panicking because I couldn’t find the solution but you just had the answer. Thank you.

Enabling rounded corners worked for me!

Thank you, you saved me!

Fixed it for me too, thanks!

appreciate this!
for those who dont know, you turn this on in settings-appearance.. i do not have dark theme enabled as i use dark reader, but that might “show” this issue, although the site i noticed this on first already had dark mode enabled.