Hi Brave Team,
I am a daily user of Brave on iOS and I really appreciate the app’s privacy features and ad-blocking capabilities. However, I would like to suggest a usability improvement regarding the toolbar user interface.
Currently, swiping horizontally on the bottom toolbar switches between tabs. While this feature can be useful for some, it is extremely easy to activate by accident—especially when using the device one-handed or when performing iOS system gestures (such as returning to the Home screen or switching apps). A tiny diagonal movement often triggers a tab change, interrupting video playback and creating a frustrating experience.
Would it be possible to add a toggle switch in Settings > Tabs (e.g., “Enable Toolbar Gestures”) allowing users to disable this tab-swiping gesture on iOS?
Having the option to turn off this gesture while keeping the address/toolbar at the bottom would greatly improve the user experience for many of us on iOS.
Thank you for your time and continuous hard work on the browser!
Best regards,
Fran
Brave Version 1.95 (104)
Mobile Device details iPhone / IOS 18.7.10