Disable bottom address bar swipe up gesture

Using brave with the address bar on bottom of the screen triggers the address bar swipe up gesture (tab grid) when I use the system recent apps gestures. It’s very annoying and it’s the biggest reason I am stuck with edge. In edge there are navigation buttons even with bottom address bar enabled, but other than that to open tab grid you have to swipe down, not up also with address bar on bottom.

One solution is to enable Gesture indicator “Show gesture indicator at the bottom of the screen” in system settings, but I prefer to leave it off.

In conclusion I would like to disable the address bar swipe up gesture in brave when ab on bottom or letting user replace it with a swipe down as in edge.

https://yourimageshare.com/ib/w6g1mcUOsW

Cromite dev already fixed it in may 2024:

Obviously the same bug occurs when going to home screen with system gestures from brave browser, no need to enter multitasking.

Nobody else facing this issue?

I even opened a GitHub issue for this bug but after few days GitHub decided to suspend my account since I used an emai alias to sign-up.

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/55164

I am and it’s super annoying. My gesture indicator (Samsung calls it gesture hint) is also hidden, which makes Brave unusable for me. I will not use a browser with the url bar on top. I’ve tried other browsers and none of them have this problem.

Devs, please fix this asap.

But I am facing the same problem even on last chrome canary version 153.0.8007.0
I found an old issue on chromium tracker but it’s status is “won’t fix, obsolete”.
Chromium should fix this bug to the route but brave could introduce a patch to mitigate this problem as cromite did.