Brave Stuck on Black Screen on iOS Every Time I Start it up

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.


Description of the issue:

Whenever I startup Brave on my phone I just get stuck on a black screen for sometimes over 20 minutes before it eventually loads. I started having this problem about a month ago at the beginning of July and I’ve just been using a different browser, but Brave is simply much better and I want to go back to it. I believe I’m having the same issue as in the Brave Community post titled "Brave App Almost Black Screen on iPhone" but I can’t figure out a fix from reading that post or any of the forums mentioned in that post. I have a 37 minute screen recording of how long it takes for Brave to startup but I can’t post attachments as a new user.

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

I open Brave and it starts up and loads in a second or two, not 20 minutes.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.92 (144)

Mobile Device details

iPhone 15 Pro Max

iOS Version 26.5.2

Additional Information:

I’m not doing anything crazy with a bunch of tabs either. I typically only have 2-6 tabs open. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Brave multiple times with no avail, as well as going into settings on my phone and resetting everything to default.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.