Turn off swipe actions for iOS

Please include an option to turn off swipe navigation/actions on iOS. Lately it seems that I am constantly losing my place on pages or web apps because of a misinterpreted gesture causing a page to do an action I didn’t intend. I’ve looked through all of the settings and don’t see a way to change this behavior. I’m not sure why it’s become more of an issue lately, possibly because I am on an iPhone Pro Max with larger screen and harder to hold. Thank you.

@netscape

Dry air increases chances for accidental gesture. The are occasions when your fingertip is near but not touching.

I would study existing gestures:

‘https://www.pcworld.com/article/427365/6-great-google-chrome-gestures-for-android-and-ios.html’

And then look through the iOS Settings > Accessibilty > Voice Control > Commands > Basic Gestures … to find what may be disabled OR what would produce a prompt to verify the gesture action.