Problem with the Dailymotion iframe player

Hello,

I’m having a problem with the Dailymotion player embedded as an iframe on the gazzetta.it website – something I’ve never experienced before.

The extensions I use are: Tampermonkey, uBlock Origin and Improve YouTube, and I’ve set them so that videos don’t play automatically. This works very well because the videos don’t start automatically; I play them manually instead. I’ve also enabled Brave Shields and, as on Windows 11 25H2, I’m using YogaDNS with NextDNS. I have so many filters that I’m not sure if I can add them now or how I’ll get a response. On top of all this, when I go roughly to the centre of the page and click ‘Play’, the video doesn’t start at all. What should I do? What’s going on? It works perfectly fine in another browser, but on Brave it doesn’t work at all anymore. I’ve even disabled Brave Shields, the extensions, and Yogadns with NextDNS, and I’m at a loss as to what to do next.

The version is as follows:

Brave 1.95.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Chromium 153.0.8010.48.

I hope I’ve posted this in the right section.

Best regards.

Up

can anyone help me?

I’d like to clarify my first post.

So, I’m using Windows 11 26H2 26300.9550 as my operating system, and here are the details for the Brave browser:

Brave 1.96.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Chromium: 154.0.8037.98

I uninstalled YogaDNS and entered the NextDNS settings directly in Windows 11 26H2, and it works. My extensions are:

Tampermonkey, uBlock Origin and Improve YouTube. I tried using Tampermonkey to disable autoplay for Dailymotion videos, but it doesn’t work; I also tried uBlock Origin, but it makes no difference. I’ve tried disabling autoplay in the browser, but whilst it blocks the video, once I press the play button, the video no longer starts and the message ‘Loading video’ appears. I’ve tried disabling the DNS, disabling the extensions, disabling Brave Shields, and I’ve even tried a private browsing session, but nothing changes. However, when I tried another browser – just to check – it works fine.

The video on the site is a Dailymotion iframe, and I want to make sure that videos don’t start automatically on any site – I want to be the one to press play before the video starts.

Is there anything that can be done?