Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.
Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting
Description of the issue: How can this issue be reproduced?
try to open a brave browser
receive demand for a captcha
spend time doing yet another captcha
Expected result:
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Additional Information:
It is so annoying to do captcha after captcha after… (you get the idea). Is there a way to stop this?
If not, I’ll have to switch browsers. (I’m on Windows 10).
Where/on what sites are you getting the captchas? Is it limited to a specific site or is it when you try to visit any website? In your "steps to reproduce"you said all you need to do is “open the browser” to get the captcha – are you saying that any time you open the browser you are prompted to complete one when the site you were last visitng tries to load?
not sure. it certainly happens when I do a search, but it’s inconsistent. Way too often!
I usually clear my cookies etc before I close the browser. Is that what causes it?
Are you using Google Search by default? If so, you’ll need to switch to a different search engine, since the problem is caused by the fingerprints that Brave blocks from google.com.
If you disable Google’s fingerprints, you’ll be able to browse without CAPTCHAs, but this isn’t a permanent solution. Best regards
Thanks so much for your reply, Zeke. I’m not familiar with “google fingerprints”, but a quick search shows “fingerprints” refer to android machines.
But I’m on a Win 10 computer, and I don’t use touchscreen. (I rarely use the internet on my phone).
I get captchas when I use search on Brave. Not every time, but way, way, way too often.
In fact, I have just now uninstalled Brave and am searching for my new browser.