History not working - how to debug, improve, or improve visibility of issues (e.g. low space)

Description of the issue: No history is present in about:history / brave://history
How can this issue be reproduced?
Don’t know. Could sometimes be an issue of low space, and brave … implicitly deleting, or truncating history files (even though I do not prefer that behavior)

Expected result: History is present, tracked.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.90.128 Chromium: 148.0.7778.217 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:

Here’s some potential causes:

  • You accidentally cleared your history
  • You have “Clear Data On Exit” enabled
  • You might have low space, but your computer would be quite slow if that’s the case
  • You might have a corrupted Brave profile

Here’s some possible solutions:

  • Try browsing some sites and see if History appears
  • See if “Clear Data On Exit” is enabled
  • Delete unnecessary files, or get a USB/hard drive
  • See if creating a new Brave profile has normal History retention

Hope this helps!

Also, ‘brave://history’ does not accumulate/list history for Private Windows.

Great suggestions, thank you!

1 - I have this issue ongoing on desktop. I did check those settings, and have again. Nope.
2 - I don’t have it set, I have tried delete last 15m on pervious occasions, as an attempt to soft reset the system (blind to any informed reason that might help)
3- I do have low space, frequently run out, playing with the last 10G and 1G of free space notably often. This brave history absence issue persists, I think, even in sessions where there’s adequate disk head room from launch to close.
4- Interesting - corrupted profile. Low storage raises the chance of that.
4.1 - I do see desktop history on my phone, and not just typed links, as was a distinction some Discourse issues raised in 2023 and a bit before.

I was using BetterHistory extension for search. I’ve had that disabled for the afternoon, and still don’t see any history. I do see tabs synced from other devices on desktop.