I tried query for “Europe migration” in three different Goggle setting:
Using your version of "News from the Right
Using my version
without any goggles
In spite of my expectations, case (1.) and case (2.) provided significantly different results. Moreover case (2.) was almost similar to the case (3.), which suggests that no Goggles were employed during case (2.), i.e., search using my own Goggles.
The same happened when I used your Search API from within my python code.
I attach screenshots of respective search results.
Not a Goggles expert, but I believe that you would benefit by adding downrank entries, two examples:
$downrank,site=newrepublic.com
$downrank=2,site=dailykos.com
Also, depending upon the quality of your search criteria (being specific, helps; being general, not so much when trying to refine what will result) - and then the attending result of the Brave Search Engine looking for your criteria . . . a Goggles filter may, or may not, apply to such results.
First, there is a search, and then results, and then filters are applied to those results.
Perhaps, also Disable both of the following, in Brave Search Settings:
Thanks for your answer, but the problem I describe is that the same goggles work differently when provided as “my own” and when provided as “Brave predefined”. This leads me to the question whether my goggles are applied at all.