Anti adblock on uprot.net

The website https://uprot.net/ has an anti adblock measure that detects brave shields.
You can test it by yourself using this direct link: https://uprot.net/msf/i386zzhbh9u1
Screenshot with the shields enabled:

Screenshot with shields disabled:

The issue persists with both default shields settings and aggressive ones both on regular and private window.
OS: PopOS (Linux)
Brave version: 1.87.188 Chromium: 145.0.7632.76

What is the link you provided compared to their normal site and all?

Hi, It’s a direct link to a streaming website hosting an italian episode from a tv series.

I am just wondering if it’s that site or where it is on the redirect. Because when I go to the site itself, it doesn’t show an adblock thing. And if add a link, it too will go there with no issues. But when clicking the particular link you shared, it had done a captcha thing of wanting me to type in the number displayed and then it went to the disable your adblock thing.

Doing that goes to what you mentioned:

If you look at Elements through DevTools:

The tag.min.js file is a “minified” script (compressed for faster loading) usually used to inject advertisements, track user behavior (analytics), or manage affiliate redirects on websites. This domain (llvpn.com) is frequently found in “Blocklists” for tools like uBlock Origin, AdGuard, and Pi-hole. These services categorize it as a source of advertisements or telemetry.

But the idea that it doesn’t show for things like: https://uprot.net/f/dlhXTTRFemwrQzcxaFVsa3lKUjRkV1BLTGN4YkplZU1aN1VHc1dTR3FKK20yb296dUN3aDdhT2FmNW9WclJnM3NUZ3IydXpsZVlBTDdHQWY1aFFPVGc9PQ==

This means it’s just that very specific link you have. The site itself doesn’t seem to be showing nor do the links I added through it.

Very interesting analysis! I’m not a web expert, but could it be something related to some kind of cookie session? Visiting that link from brave on mobile (hence, from another device) does exactly what you described.

I also think it must have something to do with what upro.net does. To gather that link I clicked on a website for pirated streaming that simply serves as an index of links pointing to different hosts for watching the episodes on their websites.
Uprot.net advertises itself as an “url encryptor” so maybe, when clicking on one of the links present in the index, a new encrypted link gets generated and then linked to your session.

If you give me permission to link that website here (I don’t know if piracy websites are against this community’s rules) you can get a new link and test it by yourself :slight_smile: