and I select the check box and then click Open Facetime it doesn’t save the setting. I have to do this each and everytime I click on a phone link. The same is happening for email, it won’t save my default email program and asks me how to handle the link everytime I click the link:
@bkarlan,
If I recall correctly, you will have to do this on a per-site basis. Meaning if you check it for google.com, you may have to check the box again for whatever.com.
Unless you’re saying that if you check the box for examplesite.com, then return to/refresh examplesite.com later and have to re-check this box – that I believe would be an issue.
@bkarlan,
No, at this time you will have to give each site permission to open a link in an associated app – and I believe you would want this to be the behavior to avoid malicious sites/bad actors from taking advantage of the fact that permissions for a site to access your system are already given.