As of today, I can no longer load Slack in browser.
Does someone have a workaround?
OSX 10.15.3
Brave Version 1.35.104 Chromium: 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (x86_64)
As of today, I can no longer load Slack in browser.
Does someone have a workaround?
OSX 10.15.3
Brave Version 1.35.104 Chromium: 98.0.4758.109 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Same issue, Windows 11, Brave Version 1.36.109 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit).
When I just visited, Slack web site is complaining that AutoPlay is blocked (I have it blocked):
brave://settings/content/autoplay?search=autoplay
–
And, Developer Tools > Network . . . shows that some timing issue exists between at least 2 events in the traffic between Slack and Brave Browser, so portions of the Slack website reload, repeatedly.
I used Brave Browser to visit Slack, last week, and the problem did not exist, then.
There is in the traffic, a (host name “a.slack-edge.com”) hint, that Slack has determined, that Brave Browser is to be recognized as Microsoft Edge browser.
–
UPDATED 2022-03-04 Friday
Possibly, you need to use “Sites that can always use cookies” at:
brave://settings/cookies
and “Allowed to use javascript” at:
brave://settings/content/javascript
–
Quit Brave Browser. Start Brave Browser and have open, ONLY a New Window . . . and enter the brave URL’s above, as they apply, for the following sources for the cookies and javascripts.
cookies
javascript
a.slack-edge.com
slack.com
www.slack.com
presence.api.drift.com
Whatever the issue was, it seems resolved now. Slack is loading in Brave normally again.