I have seen one recent change in the latest updates, that Brave has removed the option to “Clear Browsing Data automatically On Exit ”
the button seems to be disabled. this leaves my browsing data stored even after I close brave.
Help me with this, asap!
You have to select something to clear!
Like browsing history, cookies and cached images
This is a known issue that will be fixed in version 1.48.x scheduled for Feb 7.
In this version (1.46.144) If you go to brave://settings/privacy and select Clear browsing data the UI is working there.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Edit: Picked up wrong fix version and release date (I think) so changed. Posting related Brave GitHub Report for reference.
opened 07:15PM - 16 Nov 22 UTC
closed 08:22PM - 09 Dec 22 UTC
bug
priority/P2
QA/Yes
release-notes/include
regression
feature/settings
OS/Desktop
<!-- Have you searched for similar issues? Before submitting this issue, please … check the open issues and add a note before logging a new issue.
PLEASE USE THE TEMPLATE BELOW TO PROVIDE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ISSUE.
INSUFFICIENT INFO WILL GET THE ISSUE CLOSED. IT WILL ONLY BE REOPENED AFTER SUFFICIENT INFO IS PROVIDED-->
## Description
Follow up to https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/26097
There are two problems when going to `brave://settings/clearBrowserData` --> `On exit`:
1. The option to save whatever data types are selected is grayed out and cannot be selected:

2. The option displays `Save` rather than `Clear data ` as it did previously. I'm not clear on whether or not this was intentional (but I do think it makes more sense this way, since you're not actually clearing data on that click).
## Steps to Reproduce
1. Visit `brave://settings/clearBrowserData` --> [On exit]`
2. Select a data type to be cleared on exit
3. Observe `Save` button
## Reproduces how often:
Always
## Brave version (brave://version info)
v1.45.127
## Version/Channel Information:
- Can you reproduce this issue with the current release? Yes
- Can you reproduce this issue with the beta channel? Yes
- Can you reproduce this issue with the nightly channel? Yes
## Miscellaneous Information:
Internal discussion:
https://bravesoftware.slack.com/archives/C02DT9F5EP5/p1666647065097729
Community report:
https://community.brave.app/t/brave-not-deleting-history-and-no-option-to-save-on-exit-settings/441397/7
Adding: my experience is this is a setting that’s not transferred between Brave instances when I use Brave’s sync. I’ve had to update this setting in alternate Brave instances manually.
Also, though this thread is tagged for ‘Windows’, I’ve encountered the same behavior in linux.