Hi,
I’m experiencing an issue with Brave’s history page.
When I open brave://history, it only displays browsing history from today. Once it reaches the first entry from today, the list stops and older days are not loaded.
However, the older history has not been deleted. If I use the search box on the History page, Brave correctly finds entries from previous days. For example, searching for “dexter” displays results from October 4th, October 3rd, October 2nd, etc.
I also checked the History SQLite database from my Brave profile. It still contains the older visits, so this appears to be a problem with the chronological History UI rather than data loss.
What I have already tried:
- Hard refresh of
brave://historywith Ctrl+F5 - Opening
brave://historyin a Private Window - Starting Brave with
--disable-extensions - Resetting all
brave://flagsto their defaults - Restarting Brave
None of these fixed the issue.
Current Brave version:
Brave: 1.96.61
Chromium: 154.0.8037.98
OS: Windows 11 26H2 (Build 26300.9457), 64-bit
The strange part is that the History search function can access all the old entries normally; only the standard chronological view fails to load anything before today.
I can provide screenshots or additional information if needed.
Has anyone else experienced this issue with Brave 1.96 / Chromium 154?
Update: The issue resolved itself after a while without any further changes. Older history entries suddenly started loading normally again. The history data was present in the SQLite database throughout the issue, and older entries were always accessible through the History search box.