Brave Leo AI is not working properly

Most of the time, LEO AI is incredibly slow and sometimes freezes without completing its response; plus, if you send more responses, it crashes, and honestly, I don’t know what to do anymore. I hope I chose the right category. Here’s the information about Brave and Chromium: Brave (updated): 1.96.61 (official version) (64-bit) Chromium: 154.0.8037.98. Unfortunately, I don’t have a screenshot.

Are you using Leo Premium or just the basic version? Additionally;

  • How long does it take for this behavior to occur? Does it happen right away, the first time you open Leo and submit a prompt? Or does it happen after some time?
  • When you say it “crashes” do you mean that the browser actually crashes (closes itself abruptly or freezes completely, requiring you to manually close the app/end the task)? Or is it just the Leo panel that crashes?
  • Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

No, I’m using the basic version.

  • It depends. It can happen straight away as soon as I send the prompt, or after many (I can’t say exactly how many) prompts.
  • No, the browser or the LEO AI tab doesn’t freeze, but the LEO AI prompt does freeze – so let’s say the response.
  • The extensions I’ve currently installed are:

uBlock Origin, Improve YouTube, AliHelper, Bitwarden Password Manager, Keepa, Tampermonkey

but disabling them doesn’t make any difference. Am I doing something wrong? Have I set the browser to be too aggressive with Brave Shields, uBlock Origin and NextDNS?

This is Leo’s Settings page:

Show Leo icon in sidebar (off)

Show Leo in website context menu (on)

Tab grouping mode (on)

Clear Leo’s data

Default template for new conversations and Default template for tab groups: Automatic
Archive conversation history (enabled)
Customize Leo’s replies and memories, but everything is disabled

and I haven’t set anything under ‘Bring your own template’.

Given this I suspect you might simply be hitting the rate limit. Would it be possible to share a short recording of the behavior you’re seeing?

(post deleted by author)

I don’t think so, because if I’m not mistaken, a message or something to do with the data limit should appear, but I can’t see anything like that. Anyway, I could try making a video, but I don’t always use LEO AI, so it might be a bit tricky.

The slowdown occurred in a video lasting about 10 minutes (unfortunately I couldn’t shorten it) – how can I upload it to the site? It tells me I’m not authorised because I’m a new user. Should I upload it via Google Drive? Or what?

Anyway, the other problem is that when LEO AI gives a prompt, at a certain point it finishes the sentence halfway through, or just a few letters into the sentence, and then stops and won’t go any further.

Yeah drive or imgur link would be good

Video drive.google

I hope everything is ok

You’ll have to make the content public (asks me to request access).

Link to the updated video

I’ve updated the link and it should work now (it works for me, anyway). What I’ve written starts at the 8-minute mark and gradually builds up to the 9–9.30-minute mark, when it gets even worse. It’s not just this sort of video – it really is like that – and this is nothing compared to when it gets even worse at times, or when the prompt freezes, meaning it doesn’t finish the sentence or gets stuck after just a few letters.