BATs Sent to Publishers without the User's Consent

Hello everybody. Though still unfamiliar with the way it works with tipping, but it is quite strange to find a transaction on your uphold dashboard sending all you have to Brave publishers. I find it a sort of using creators to generate BATs for brave.
This is really unacceptable if not a way of deceiving people.
Mind that my auto-contributions was OFF, and I did never send my BATs.

Can you share with us what happened here exactly? How does it work with tipping? why do we need to tip, simply?

Best

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

  • Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

Hi, thanks for your reply. Am I going to reply with these items you asked for here?

I have the same exact problem. All my BATs were withdrawn from my uphold account and sent back to @BravePublishers. @steeven, I’m DM’ing you the same details. Thank you.

Hi @dicarsio, please see DM. Thanks.

Hello steeven
I cannot really see what you mean? how will you solve this problem?
I think for Brave withdrewals should be done after the user’s consent? It is strange to take somebody’s Bats without his or her consent. Of course, Brave will say that auto-contribution was on; I am sure enough it was not on.

Best

Yeah, I’m sure auto-contribute was off on my brave as well, that’s a given. I have disabled it even on my phone and ipad, which doesn’t have uphold yet…

HI @Nomintana, I’d like to help get to the bottom of what caused the issue, but will need this info

  • Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Please send in the Direct Message that we have going from last week. Thanks.

@dicarsio - can you send the same information? Thanks in advance!

I hope this is not sensitive to share!

@Nomintan please send the info via DM. Click Steven username > Message.

Thanks

I’m having the same problem. All my money was sent to @BravePublishers, my auto-contribute option was off and i didn’t get notified about it. How can i get my BAT back?