Description of the issue: If Brave blocks autoplay of a video, the symbol on the left side of the address bar changes from “two sliding switches” to “encircled right-pointing triangle”, which prevents dragging and dropping into a Windows folder to create an Internet shortcut.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Block autoplay from within Brave settings:
brave://settings/content/autoplay
- Visit a page with automatically playing videos, such as this one.
- Notice how the symbol on the left side of the address bar changes, indicating that autoplay was blocked.
- Attempt to drag from that symbol into a folder.
Expected result:
The changed symbol should not prevent dragging from the symbol.
Brave Version (check About Brave): 1.75.175 Chromium: 133.0.6943.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information: Here are some screenshots of the different symbols.
“two sliding switches”

“encircled right-pointing triangle”

EDIT: The “notifications blocked” (crossed-out bell) symbol also prevents dragging. However, when I switched tabs and came back later, the symbol was back to being “two sliding switches”, and dragging worked as expected.

@StevenJS,
That is strange behavior, considering I see something totally different when I try to reproduce this. For me, when I visit that site (or any site that blocks Autoplay), I do see the sliding notification in the address bar, but when it collapses it disappears completely. I do not see the “encircled right-pointing triangle” as you described it. Further, whether or not that sliding “autoplay blocked” notification is still visible, I can still click on the URL and drag it to create a bookmark or shortcut on the desktop.

I just updated to Brave Version 1.75.178 Chromium: 133.0.6943.98 (Official Build) (64-bit).
I noticed the notification collapsing as you did. However, switching to another tab and then back causes the symbol to change (or rather, show the collapsed but not disappeared notification). I am able to at least click on the URL and drag from there. I’ll remember to do that when I can’t drag from the symbol.
Ah I see now — switching to another tab then back does show the truncated slider notification.
But yeah, when trying to click/drag from the address bar, I’d recommend always doing so on the URL/text itself.