App on iOS 26.1 locked down

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.


Description of the issue:

After recent iOS update, brave mobile browser has stopped working completely. I am unable to see tabs, search, scroll, etc. links will open app, but app is completely locked down. See image.

How can this issue be reproduced?

Update: originally resolved itself, but seems to reoccur after attempting to open a link through another app. Inconsistent results, though.

Unsure—don’t know what cause was, unable to interact with app. Issue was triggered when I attempted to open a link that was sent to me via text by a coworker. iOS was updated 3 days before issue occurred, to enable my device to use a new Apple Watch that required the iOS update.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

unable to determine; whatever is currently available for download through App Store.

Mobile Device details:

iPhone 11 A2111, iOS 26.1

Additional Information:

Troubleshooting steps followed so far:

  1. closed and reopened app; no change
  2. Closed app, clicked a website link to open a new window; no change.
  3. Removed Brave as default browser, tried to use; no change.
  4. Uninstalled and reinstalled app; no change.
  5. Uninstalled app; restarted mobile device, reinstalled app; no change.

Unsure what steps should be taken next, as the app itself appears to be broken on my device.

Update: oddly enough, after I created this post, I tried opening the browser again and it worked. I have absolutely no clue what did it or what fixed it. Monitoring to make sure issue doesn’t recur.