Description of the issue: All of my open tabs in Brave on my iPhone suddenly disappeared, including both my normal tabs and private tabs. My private tabs are set to “Keep private tabs”
I did NOT intentionally close the tabs, clear browsing data, or delete my browsing history. This happened unexpectedly.
I had a large number of important tabs open, and losing all of them at once is a serious data loss issue.
What disappeared:
All normal/open tabs
All private tabs
My previously open browsing session
What I have already checked:
Recently closed tabs
Brave History
The tabs are not appearing there
I did not manually clear Brave’s browsing data
Device: iPhone 15 Pro
iOS version: iOS 27
When it happened: 4th October 2026
Brave Version: Version 1.95 (104)
Additional information:
My existing tabs and browsing session should remain available unless I explicitly close them or clear browser data.
Actual behavior:
All normal and private tabs disappeared unexpectedly.
Could you please help me determine whether the previous tab/session data is still recoverable from Brave’s local storage, session data, iCloud/device backup, or another mechanism?
I have NOT uninstalled Brave or cleared its data because I don’t want to overwrite or destroy any potentially recoverable session data.
Please let me know if there is anything I should do to preserve the existing Brave data before attempting recovery.
Yes i know, and i saw some of the users issue was fixed by force restarting iPhone.
But mine didn’t worked. When i opened the brave i usually open youtube and other website and when i was trying to open my tabs which were opened yesterday, none of them were there, thats when i got to know that all of my data and tabs were disappeared.
since i already have 3-4 tabs now in brave, i am concerned that previous data may have shred or deleted because of overwriting. So is there any fix. Can we do something with 3u tools and access the files there. One user was able to access the url there, will it be the same case for mine ?
as the case with everyone, i have my browser taking almost 1gb in storage. Dont know the actual solution for this
I haven’t clicked any of the buttons, “close all tabs” or anything.
All tabs were opened and running till yesterday night. Everything was fine and working.
Today morning this happened without any issue, even my private tabs are kept to “keep private tabs” instead of clearing it. I have more than 20+ gb available on my iPhone.
I suspect some kind of session bug on the brave app. But today, as i told i have opened around 4 tabs and browsed on YouTube and other, i am worried if i can get the data back or not.
is there anyone who found the fix or is there no fix at all. There were lot of important website now i cant even remember the names of some websites
and thanks mate for replying
I am attaching the tab history here. Everything is gone
Any help. If not, is there any way that we can prevent this in the future ? Note: i cannot backup my entire phone to icloud or computer (512 gb) cant afford a cloud storage and also have no space left on my pc