Brave Browser Task Manager window that displays column titles:
→ Task | Memory footprint | CPU | Process ID | Image cache | Script cache | GPU memory | JavaScript memory (<-- that creeps up)
When you add columns in the Brave Browser Task Manager window, they may not appear in that same arrayed order.
The “bug” in general, is "trying to satisfy users who rely on multiples of tabs instead of relying on bookmarks, while also trying to satisfy the demands upon:
- Brave Sync complexities
- History preservation
- Session restoration
- Tabs and windows restoration
- Suggestions functions
- etc."
All of that requires some kind of keep alive processing that somehow manages to also satisfy Brave’s prime directive: Privacy and Security.
To wit: Keep Alive Processing design is not a running battle (like the struggle with YouTube) … but instead, a somewhat muddy slugfest, with high performance systems.
IMHO
I use 5 different Internet browsers. Brave is not the default, yet it is my primary. Each browser has its pros and cons ← the latter, is when I simply use “the other browser.” But I always store all new bookmarks in Brave, regardless of where I initially store in the other browsers. So, I periodically export the Brave bookmarks to the other browsers.
That is my keep alive processing.
